Geneva L. Myers, 96, of Milan passed away at 2:40am, Sunday, July 3, 2016 at Ripley Crossing in Milan. She was born at Versailles on October 28, 1919 the daughter of Frank and Clara Dilk Wildman. Geneva was born while her father was serving as Ripley County Sheriff and delighted in telling her friends that she was born at the jail and lived there as well! She was married to Donald Myers of Milan on December 26, 1969 and he preceded her in death on April 1, 2015. She was also preceded in death by her parents, her brother Collins J. Wildman, and her sister Opal Wildman. After her father’s term of sheriff ended her family moved back to their farm at Marble Corner in southwestern Ripley County in what is now part of the Jefferson Proving Ground. Mrs. Myers attended the Marble Corner school and was a 1937 graduate of New Marion High School. She entered Hanover College that fall and graduated from the two year elementary teacher’s program. She taught her first year at the San Jacinto school in Jennings County and spent the next 38 years in the Milan school system, retiring in 1978. In her younger years her family attended the Marble Corner Methodist Church and as a child Geneva had the responsibility along with her mother and sister of ringing the church bell and cleaning the church. Geneva attended the final services at her church on January 3, 1941 before the proving ground took over and recalled a letter from Mrs. Roosevelt being read to the congregation. Geneva was a member of the Milan United Methodist Church, Milan Lions Club, the Ripley County Retired Teachers Association, and had served on the Milan Beautification Committee. She and Donald had also owned and operated Myers TV and Appliance Store in Milan. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, July 6th at 11am at the Stratton-Karsteter Funeral Home in Versailles with Rev. Pam Wooden of the Milan United Methodist Church officiating. Burial will be in the Marble Corner Cemetery at Versailles. Visitation will be from 9am until time of services. Memorials may be given to the Marble Corner Cemetery in care of the funeral home.