Economy, Environment, Human Services, Infrastructure, Press Release, PSA Harrisburg, PA – Governor Tom Wolf today announced that the federal government has granted his request for Public Assistance to reimburse state agencies, county and municipal governments and other eligible private non-profits for costs associated with severe storms that brought heavy rainfall and severe flash flooding to parts of Pennsylvania from August 10 to 15, 2018.“Historic rainfall this summer created a financial disaster for many communities across the state,” Governor Wolf said. “We hope that our request for Individual Assistance, which was submitted at the same time, is also granted.”Public Assistance was awarded to the following counties: Bradford, Columbia, Lackawanna, Lycoming, Montour, Schuylkill, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Tioga and Wyoming. The governor’s request for Individual Assistance, which would make a variety of programs available to citizens to meet their recovery needs, is still under review by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).Through the Public Assistance program, applicants can be reimbursed up to 75 percent of the costs incurred on eligible expenses, such as but not limited to: costs associated with paying overtime, repairs to damaged infrastructure, equipment rentals and materials.Over the coming weeks, staff from the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency will hold meetings with applicants to thoroughly review all application documentation before forwarding it to FEMA. The process is expected to take several weeks, and all reimbursements are handled electronically.In order to request Public Assistance, the commonwealth overall must meet a threshold of $19,053,569. Estimated costs associated with this incident period total nearly $62.8 million. The governor signed a Proclamation of Disaster Emergency, which is a required step in order to request federal aid, for this storm on August 17 Commonwealth Receives Federal Aid for Severe Storms in August SHARE Email Facebook Twitter November 27, 2018
Batesville, In. — A new survey by WalletHub says the national uninsured rate is on the rise, from 12.2 percent in 2017 ti 10.9 percent in 2016.The survey analyzed the rates in 547 cities by age, race and income levels. The study determined Kentucky has the 8th lowest rate of uninsured people in the country.A link to the full study is here.
Mumbai, Jun 19 (PTI) Actor Kay Kay Menon believes the Hindi film industry can produce better cinema only when it grows out of the culture of preferring star kids over outsiders.Time and again, many actors and directors from non-film background have spoken about Bollywoods bias towards artists belonging to stars families and Kay Kay says this dynasty system needs to be uprooted from the industry.”We have dynasty as a part of our culture. From politics to cinema, there is a dynasty culture, unlike sports, which has a perfect yardstick. Nobodys son can become a star unless and until you perform in the field.”In cinema, everybodys sons, daughters, nephews, nieces have the first right on films. Thats a part of our culture. We are yet to come out of this culture. The moment we do, we will have better cinema,” Menon told PTI in an interview.The actor, known for his powerpacked performances in films like “Haider”, “Shahid”, “Black Friday” and “Sarkar”, is also of the view that the Rs 100 crore club, sought after by every producer, is just a facade and nowhere a testament to quality cinema.”Its a marketing gimmick. It has been inculcated in the audiences mind that 100 crore means something. It just means money and nothing else, it doesnt mean good cinema. It doesnt make any sense. I always say that if I find a 100 crore club, Ill go and play tennis there.”Menon thinks real success of a film lies in its recall value and referring to his own filmography, the 49-year-old actor said he is happy that he has given at least 10 memorable movies in his career so far.advertisement”Among my 80-odd films, there are 13-14 (films) which are memorable. I think the percentage (of my good films) is 10, which is not bad,” he said.”I know these films can be on the shelf even after I die, they have hot posterity. I have always believed films should be beyond the weekend. You cant make cinema that way and if you are making, it is not cinema, it is some packaging.”Bollywood may have been backing story-oriented films lately, but Menon says there is still a long way to go before lines between commercial and realistic cinema get blurred.”The industry always threatens to do this but it never happens. I am quite sceptic in that sense. Even during the Naseeruddin Shah era we had the parallel cinema which we thought will take over. Nothing happened. Its a good feeling of hope,” he said.The actor will be next seen in period thriller film “San Pachhatar 75”. The Navneet Behal-directed film revolves around a deal of the first mobile phone (prototype) being brought in India with (imposition of) Emergency in the background. PTI JUR SDL NDS RDS