Governor Peter Shumlin announced today that the state has requested an Individual Disaster Declaration for three additional counties in Vermont: Franklin, Lamoille and Orleans. If approved, residents and business owners in those counties will be eligible to apply for federal assistance for everything from repair work to temporary rent payments resulting from damage created by Tropical Storm Irene. ‘Our recent assessment of these counties found that damage to homes and businesses meets the threshold for federal assistance,’ Gov. Shumlin said. ‘We hope FEMA will move quickly to approve this declaration request so we can begin getting help to home and business owners in these counties.’ The counties of Addison, Bennington, Caledonia, Chittenden, Orange, Rutland, Washington, Windham and Windsor had already been approved for individual assistance by the White House. Assessment of damage to homes and businesses in Franklin, Lamoille and Orleans Counties was completed on Sept. 13. Every county except Grand Isle has received a Public Assistance Declaration, which provides federal assistance for repair and replacement of roads, bridges and other public infrastructure. The IA declaration will allow home and business owners who sustained damage from the Tropical Storm to apply for reimbursement for repairs, temporary housing costs, septic system replacements, entrance and exit ways from the home, including privately owned access roads, and more.
1 stalemate ROUND-UP Hull defender MacDonald given all-clear after battle with bowel cancer impact Grealish is perhaps the most naturally gifted player in the Championship He has been one of the best performers in the Championship since the Villa Park club’s relegation, especially last season when Grealish was widely regarded as the best player in the second tier.He had entered the penultimate year of his existing deal prior to penning new terms, and the 23-year-old was heavily linked with a return to the Premier League over the summer.Tottenham were known admirers of the midfielder, and were said to have seen a £30million offer for Grealish rejected by Villa. goalless Every Championship club’s best signing of the decade, including Taarabt and Dack Cardiff and Preston play out stalemate in Championship early kick-off Berahino hits back at b******t Johnson criticism – ‘I was in a dark place at Stoke’ EFL result Bannan penalty helps Sheffield Wednesday strengthen grip on play-off place Into his sixth season since debuting for Villa, Grealish has scored nine goals and created a further 16 in 120 appearances for Steve Bruce’s side.Christian Purslow, the Villa CEO, said: “Securing the long-term future of Jack, a player we believe will play a pivotal role in leading Aston Villa back to where it belongs, is fantastic news for everybody associated with our football club.“He is a tremendous talent who has been with us since he was a child and naturally we are delighted that he has now committed the next five years of his career to Aston Villa.” GREAT NEWS Latest Championship news Jack Grealish has signed a new five-year contract with Aston Villa, the Championship club have confirmed.Grealish, the midfielder, has established himself as one of Villa’s key players since breaking into their first-team in the 2014/15 season. REPLY Strugglers Wigan hold Blackburn to goalless draw in Championship Leeds lose at Fulham, West Brom held, Charlton’s winless run continues